Your water heater is essential whether you’re washing the dishes, running a load of laundry or taking a shower. Unfortunately, water heaters don’t always work the way they’re supposed to, and this can be a big inconvenience for homeowners. To ensure that your water heater continues working the way that you need it to, it’s important to be aware of some of the signs that your water heater is failing:
- Changes in water color: Water heaters often develop rust and accumulate high levels of certain minerals after years of operation. If you notice that your water is discolored or contains debris particles, it’s important to have your tank inspected by a technician who specializes in water heater repair in Gonzales, LA.
- Inconsistent water heating: If you are noticing that you don’t have a very consistent supply of hot water, there are a couple of different problems that might be the cause. In some cases, you might simply have a water heater that doesn’t have the capacity that your household needs. In other cases, your water heater might have an ignition problem or sediment buildup that’s preventing it from working effectively.
- Noisy operation: Excessive noise indicates that something is wrong with your water heater. These noises are typically most noticeable when you are using your hot water for tasks like washing dishes or running your washing machine. These noises often occur if there is excessive sediment built up in the tank that’s interfering with normal operation. Draining the tank of sediment can help reduce the noise that’s produced during operation and improve the performance and longevity of your tank overall.
- Age-related wear and tear: Even if your water heater is in pretty good condition and you don’t notice any major signs of problems, you should still be aware of the expected longevity of your water heater. Water heaters don’t usually last more than 12 years or so, so if your water heater is older than that, you should seriously consider investing in a replacement unit. You might be surprised at just how much of a difference a new water heater can make for your household.
- Water leaks: Even minor water leaks can lead to big problems for your water heater and your home. Leaky water heaters can contribute to mold development and water damage that takes a toll on building materials. Some water leaks can be addressed by replacing old gaskets or tightening the valves, but leaks might also be caused by corrosion to your tank from sediment buildup. When you notice leaks, contact a technician who specializes in water heater repair in Gonzales, LA.
Schedule water heater repair in Gonzales, LA
You can get professional help with water heater repair in Gonzales, LA by reaching out to Louie’s A/C, Heating & Refrigeration Services, Inc. For over 40 years, our team of professionals has been dedicated to delivering the highest quality services possible to our commercial and residential customers. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, our team is here to assist you. Give us a call today to get started with our services.